We assume you’ve created an online store, say on Facebook. Frankly, that hasn’t been very effective for many artists we know, so we have tried (or are working on) the following:
- Ask a local art store to sell your art for a percentage of profit to them. If they do not have room for your paintings, see about having greeting cards made from your work for sale (and be sure to have your contact information on the back of the card).
- Check with local bars and restaurants; many display art created by local artists and are generally happy for unique new paintings and styles.
- With summer coming, we are going to join the crews at local farmer’s markets. Your art can feature subjects that enhance the market, i.e. flowers, bottles of wine, classic fruit baskets, etc.
- Many groups hold art fairs annually to raise funds for their community outreach programs.
- Locate an online gallery that focuses on featuring original art by local artists.